Wed, May 4, 2022, 8:00 AM — 4:00 PM EDT
21000 Northline Road, Taylor, MI 48180 United States
What will you do to promote multilingual learners’ (MLs’) equity? In this interactive, hands-on session, Dr. Diane Staehr Fenner will model and share replicable ways you can draw from students’ strengths and promote multilingual learners' success within and beyond your own classroom walls. You will leave the session with new, practical tools in your toolbox that you can use in your work with MLs and their families.
- Define culture and describe the five guiding principles of culturally responsive teaching for MLs.
- Build a repertoire of instructional strategies to both support and challenge MLs.
- Explore instructional strategies that put students at the center of the learning.
- Examine and apply tools and strategies for uniting MLs’ schools, families, and communities.
- Plan to apply culturally responsive teaching tools and strategies in your context.
- Content teachers K-12
- ESOL teachers K-12
- Support staff
- Educators from Institutes of Higher Education